We collect information about you to make your job search as easy and safe as possible. This data is important and we understand that and are therefore committed to protecting your privacy online.
We collect your name, contact details and other relevant information directly from your CV. We may also obtain data about you from third parties to enhance and personalise your experience, and make sure we are finding the jobs most suited to you.
We use the information collected to provide you with the best possible service. This includes notifying you of future job opportunities, improving our websites and answering your questions. We may also use your information to contact you about industry updates, events, promotions and competitions.
We may share your information with any member of Affinity Global Resources Group, and other trusted third parties, to help us deliver our services to you. Under certain circumstances, we may occasionally be required by a regulatory body or law enforcement agency to disclose certain personal information.
We will store your data only for as long as necessary and in addition we conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises to make sure the information we have is relevant and accurate.
You are in control of your data. Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from the communications you receive, or contact us on email, telephone or even by post and we will make that change for you.
ou can review and amend which communications you receive and how you receive them via your email communications at any time.
Right to Object: You have a legal right to object at any time to: (i) use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and (ii) processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate ground for our continued processing.
Affinity Global Resources Limited (AGR) (company number 10982943) are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants, or through any of our offices or websites globally), is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
* to provide our services to you; to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
* to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
* to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients to apply for jobs;
* to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
* to answer your enquiries;
* to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication;/p>
* to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
* to provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other companies within our Group of companies as well as trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Sharing your Personal Information;
* to release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so;
* our website uses a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
* to provide you with personalised content on our website, with more relevant communication in our emails, and with a tailored service from our consultants, we track and record your usage and interaction with our website and emails.
* we employ a third- party service provider to help us record, store and analyse this information to determine how we might best deliver your engagement.
* we ensure that no personally identifiable attributes are recorded in this database and, other than our chosen service provider, we do not share this information with any other business or affiliate.
* we may process, in accordance with local regulations, certain sensitive personal data (known as special category data in GDPR) where you include it in information you send to us e.g. if you include information about your health, religion or ethnic origin in the CV you send to us.
* we may also be required to conduct a criminal records check against your details.
* we have processes in place to limit our use and disclosure of such sensitive data other than where permitted by law.
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in processing personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
* Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract ÃÆÃÆÃ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, so we can take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
* Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation ÃÆÃÆÃ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
* Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests - either we, or a third- party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
* Consent Ãâ in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a certain way.
In certain circumstances we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, we will share your personal information with other companies in the Affinity Group of companies in the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We will share your personal information as above for all or any of the following purposes:
* to provide you with recruitment services;
* for business development;
* for systems development and testing;
* for development and marketing of other products and services;
* to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you; and/or to tailor our website and the websites of other companies in our Group when you log on to make them relevant to you personally.
In the event you require us to explore job opportunities for you outside the EEA, we will notify you that we intend to pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, other companies within our Group of companies worldwide so they can use it for the purposes set out above.
A list of all the companies within our Group of companies which are outside the EEA and their addresses can be accessed.If you would like details of the any of our companies within our Group which can access your personal information, please contact us by email which is at the bottom of this document.
We apply equal rigour to the security of data held and processed across the whole of our global network. Each company within our Group of companies outside the EEA with access to data in the UK, enters into a specific data protection agreement with AGR thereby undertaking to meet the same standards of data security and to act in accordance with data protection principles applicable under the strict European data protection laws.
We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested.
We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third- parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
* employment reference checking;
* qualification checking;
* criminal reference checking (as required);
* verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
* psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
We will also share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and provide services to us such as:
* professional advisors;
* data analytics providers;
* IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
* research and mailing houses; and/or
* function co-ordinators.
We require minimum standards of confidentiality and data protection from such third parties. To the extent that any personal information is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we will ensure that approved safeguards are in place, such as the approved Model Clauses or the EU/US Privacy Shield.
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the services we perform for you and for how long you require these. As we often support candidates with placements over many years, and potentially throughout their careers, the purpose for which we retain candidate data is often an ongoing purpose. We conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data that we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long.
Our standard terms of business state that our clients should retain candidate data such as CVs for the purposes of the specific role you apply for and that, as controllers of your data, they should inform you if they plan to retain your CV on file to notify you about potential future roles, or to otherwise hold or use your data for other purposes.
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting. For example, if we are processing your information for our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third- party organisation.
The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
* you have provided to us previously; and
* is processed by us using automated means.
While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third- party organisation's systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your name and e-mail address, which will be used for keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and to provide you with industry news and other information related to our services.
Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive.
Job alerts emails are sent by AGR or a company within our Group of companies. Where the sender is based outside the EEA your details will be sent to or accessed by that entity to enable them to issue the relevant job e-mail alert to you.
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up.
Your CV will be stored in our database, and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants.
Your CV may also be emailed directly to other companies within our Group of companies for review and entry onto their database to enable them to provide their services to you. You can withdraw your permission for your data being processed outside by sending us an email.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Aggregate Information about AGR online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website and the websites of the companies in the Group, for example:
* which area users access most frequently; and/or
* which services users access the most.
We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
We also publish this information on the websites of companies within the Group of companies worldwide
Like most websites, when you visit our sites we place cookies on your computer or other device. For the most part, these cookies are used to enable the websites' functionality, improve the user experience or help us to optimise our websites, measure traffic and other internal management purposes.
We run targeted and relevant banner advertising on various whitelisted websites around the world to present you with jobs and content that we believe will be of interest. We target these adverts based on your previous interactions with our website, with our emails and through your engagements with our consultants. Your interaction with our advertising may be used to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to improve our marketing strategy in accordance with our legitimate interests. No advertising campaigns or advertising tracking technology records your personally identifiable information.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements on our websites can result in your browser accessing a third-party website, where data privacy practices are different to that of AGR.
We are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties and you should consult their privacy policies.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via third party networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
AGR is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
If you have any enquires or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including to exercise your rights as outlined above, please contact us either by email:
Email: [email protected]
When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.